ACCUPLACER 测试ing is only required for some 学徒 students. ACCUPLACER是一个基于计算机的, online assessment that measures your abilities in writing, 阅读, 和算术.
ACCUPLACER 测试ing is only required for some 学徒 students.
ACCUPLACER is administered in a 测试ing center/computer lab. 你将使用电脑参加考试. You will communicate with the computer by using the keyboard and the mouse to enter your answers. 不需要先前的计算机技能. A 测试 proctor will be present if you need assistance.
ACCUPLACER is a computer adaptive 测试; it adapts to your ability level based on the responses to the questions you’ve already answered. Questions increase or decrease in difficulty depending on your answers as you work through the 测试.
的 测试s are not timed, which allows you to work at your own pace. 的 average student requires 2-3 hours to complete the 测试. Keep in mind that you may take each part of the placement 测试 separately. This means you can take each section on a separate day, if preferred.
You will 测试 in three main areas 阅读 (Comprehension), 写作(句子技巧) and Math (算术 and 初等代数).
- In 阅读, you will be asked to read a passage and then answer several questions about the passage. 阅读理解测试， 由20个问题组成, measures your ability to understand what you read, to identify main ideas and to make inferences. You need to distinguish between direct statements and secondary or supporting ideas.
- In 写作(句子技巧), you will be asked to evaluate grammar in a series of sentences. 句子技巧测试， 由20个问题组成, measures your understanding of sentence structure — what makes a sentence complete and clear. 有些问题与句子的逻辑有关, and others with the relationships between two sentences.
- 的 数学 section of the 测试中, measures your understanding of arithmetic through problem solving. Skills in operations of whole numbers, fractions, decimals, and percentages. 比率，测量和几何将被评估. 的 算术 测试中, 由17个问题组成, measures your ability to perform basic arithmetic operations and to solve problems that involve fundamental arithmetic concepts. 的 初等代数 测试中, 由12个问题组成, measures your ability to perform basic algebraic operations and to solve problems involving elementary algebraic concepts.
的 fee for placement 测试ing at Western is $25 for the full 测试ing or $15 for one section of the 测试. Testing fees are paid on the day of 测试ing in the 收银员’s Office located in the 欢迎中心 在拉克罗斯的主校区. 如果在一个 区域位置, you will 支付考试费用 at time of check-in at the main desk. 接受现金或信用卡. You will need to show your receipt to the 测试 proctor when you check-in for 测试ing.
Your score report is generated immediately after you complete your 测试. 的 Assessment Center can provide a copy of your score report to your 学徒 联系.
Western offers 测试ing on the 拉克罗斯 main campus and at our 区域位置 in 黑河瀑布, 独立, Mauston, Tomah, 和Viroqua. 可用的测试可能因位置而异.
You will need to schedule your 测试 session in advance. 打电话到离你最近的地方安排你的考试.
608-847-7364 or 608-847-7365
Viroqua, WI 54665-0431
It’s important that you do your best on your ACCUPLACER 测试. Even a short time spent reviewing before taking the 测试 can improve your scores. Knowing that our students have different preferences, Western offers several options to make it easy for you to review:
ACCUPLACER提供一个免费的学习应用程序. 你可以下载下面的应用程序. 点击链接并按照屏幕上的指示操作. 的 app allows you to take free, sample placement 测试s and review your answers.
的 link below contains sample questions that will help you improve your skills. 如果你对这些问题有困难, you may need to review prior to scheduling your placement 测试ing appointment.
Test-taking strategies are available in preparation for the ACCUPLACER 测试. Whether you’d like to stop in once for a brief review or you think you may benefit from a more thorough approach to sharpen your skills, 联系 学习者支持与过渡. 服务 are offered at the 拉克罗斯 Campus and at all GOAL 项目 at the 区域位置. 详情请致电608-785-9535.
- Only those authorized to 测试 are allowed in the 测试ing room.
的 following items are not allowed in the 测试ing room:
- Electronic devices including cell phones, pages, tables, iPods, laptop computers, or calculators
- Jackets, coats, hats, scarves, sunglasses, or hoodie sweatshirts
- Get plenty of rest and eat properly prior to the 测试 to help you concentrate and stay focused.
- Plan to arrive a few minutes before your scheduled placement 测试ing session to allow for time to park on campus, 使用洗手间, 支付考试费用, 并检查测试.
- Be sure you understand the directions for each 测试 before that 测试 session begins. 如有需要，提出问题.
- Read each question carefully until you understand what the question is asking.
- If answering an item requires several steps, be sure you consider them all.
- 如果你在考试中有问题或疑问, 请举手, and the 测试 administrator or proctor will help you. Although they cannot answer 测试 questions for you, they can help you with other types of problems.
If you are in need of specific 测试ing accommodations, you will need to meet qualifying criteria. Please 联系 our 访问服务 Office at 608-785-9875.